About Inside Higher Ed
- Who reads Inside Higher Ed?
- How does my ad reach your readers?
- How does Inside Higher Ed help me reach a diverse candidate pool?
- Does posting a job on Inside Higher Ed fulfill the Department of Labor requirements under 20 CFR 656.18, Optional Special Requirement Documentation Procedures for College and University Teachers?
- Who posts open positions on Inside Higher Ed?
- What products does Inside Higher Ed offer and how can I find information on your prices?
- Do you offer discounted listings packages?
- Any advice on effective recruiting?
Job Posting Maintenance
- How do I post a job?
- How can I edit or upgrade my job posting?
- How do I delete my job post?
- Can I automate my job postings?
- Can I choose to have a job posted for less than or more than 60 days?
- Can I send candidates to my website to complete an application?
- How can I view all of my jobs? What do each of the “Job Status” terms mean?
- What is a Featured Employer Profile and a Diversity Profile?
- How do I create an account?
- I forgot my password. How do I get this information?
- I already have a jobseeker login using my institutional email address. I am getting an error when I try to use that email address to post a job. What should I do?
- I tried to create an account and it said my employer already exists. What do I do?
- Can more than one (1) person have access to our company account?
- I represent a search firm or other agency. How can I post on behalf of my client?
3.2 million higher ed professionals a month from every academic discipline and administrative area (site traffic measured by Google Analytics). About 34% of our readers are academics, about 51% are institutional and academic administrators, and 15% are executives. Readership is proportional throughout the country, and about 17% of our readers are outside the U.S. Our readers come from every kind of institution; about 10% work at community colleges. And our readers are very diverse: nearly 26% report a race other than white and more than 57% are women.
Inside Higher Ed attracts a large, unique, and engaged audience of faculty, administrators, and leaders to our large marketplace of job listings, where they set job alerts, view job descriptions, and often click through directly from the job page to your ATS.
But we also reach a massive audience of over 600,000 passive jobseekers through our opt-in newsletters and the pages of our award-winning news content – talented professionals who aren’t on any job boards and are therefore hard to find & engage elsewhere.
To learn more about our Daily News Update, Diversity Matters newsletter, or more ways to engage our audience beyond the job board, give us a call at 202-659-9208 or email [email protected].
A lot of recruiting sites offer services that say they help you reach diverse candidates. Unfortunately, these services are generally well-named, but woefully ineffective. At Inside Higher Ed, we take a more straightforward and transparent approach – by publishing an inclusive, compelling daily professional journal and offering it free online, we have gathered a diverse, engaged readership that is dedicated to the higher education industry. Our unique advantages for diversity recruiting include:
Quality content - Our content model draws a balanced audience from all departments of the campus, as well as from all different sectors of the industry, including four-year and two-year institutions. The broad appeal of our news and our dedication to access means everyone in higher education is part of our audience.
Inclusive coverage - When diverse readers and people at diverse institutions come to our site, they find themselves and their institutions and issues covered thoroughly and consistently. Inside Higher Ed does not favor any sector of higher education in its reporting and analysis.
Help for academic couples - Our Dual Career search quickly identifies jobs for both partners and spotlights them by location. In seconds, academic couples can find proximate jobs – and that can be the key to your institution landing a great diversity hire.
Reach to passive candidates – Inside Higher Ed lets you broaden your search to include the qualified diversity candidates who aren’t on the job market, but might be intrigued by an exciting new opportunity. From featured jobs in our Daily News Update subscriber email to jobs displayed in our Diversity Matters newsletter to listings placed alongside diversity-related articles, Inside Higher Ed connects you with great diversity candidates whether they search our jobs database or not.
4. Does posting a job on Inside Higher Ed fulfill the Department of Labor requirements under 20 CFR 656.18, Optional Special Recruitment and Documentation Procedures for College and University Teachers?
Why yes! Only national professional journals that produce original content on a regular publishing basis can help - so, pure job boards cannot fulfill the DOL requirements.
Here's what the Department of Labor has to say:
“Yes, an employer may use an electronic or web-based national professional journal to satisfy the regulatory provision at 20 CFR § 656.18(b)(3), which requires use of a national professional journal for advertisements for college or university teachers. The advertisement for the job opportunity for which certification is sought must be posted for at least 30 calendar days on the journal's website. Documentation of the placement of an advertisement in an electronic or web-based national professional journal must include evidence of the start and end dates of the advertisement placement and the text of the advertisement.”
In fact, the successful challenge to the old print advertising rule by the University of Texas at Brownsville was over the right to be certified for foreign hiring on the basis of a job ad they posted on Inside Higher Ed. Read more.
This answer changes every day! More than 1,200 institutions have posted over 100,000 openings with Inside Higher Ed in the last 6 months, balanced between four-year and two-year institutions. Many use our Unlimited Package to ensure all their faculty and administrative positions get exposure to our unique audience.
Click here to see our products and pricing. We also have unlimited recruiting packages. If you have questions about the products, feel free to reach out by calling 1-202-659-9208 or email [email protected].
We certainly do, for both our Standard and our Diversity Focus listings. In addition to multipacks of 5 and 10 job posting credits, we offer annual unlimited job posting packages at real savings. Your cost will depend on your institution's enrollment. Unlimited posting plans include:
- Unlimited job postings with no word or time limits (to the end of your contract period)
- Your institution's logo featured in every posting
- A Featured Employer page to act as your employment branding page
- Additional exposure through our partnership with national job aggregators
- Automated job postings (site scraping) for an additional $500 annually. Call us for details and to confirm availability for your site.
You can also bundle other recruiting products with job postings for even greater impact and cost savings. Contact us for more information or to request a media kit.
This is Inside Higher Ed – we have advice about everything! Click here to check out our Smart Recruiting Tips and learn how to write effective online job ads; how to reach passive candidates; how to recruit for hard to fill positions; and how to make your own website work well for recruiting new faculty and staff.
Use this how-to guide for step-by-step instructions on posting a job to our job board. Please note: You will need an account to post a job; create your account or log in to your existing account then follow the steps to post your job. Need help? Email us at [email protected].
Yes. Clients on an unlimited annual contract are automatically able to edit their jobs after posting. For all other clients, please contact us to enable editing capabilities. To edit a job, go to “Your Jobs” and then click on the job you wish to edit. All customers can upgrade their job after a job has been posted. To upgrade a job, go to “Your Jobs” and then click the blue button to the right that says “Upgrade”. From there you will be taken through steps to select and pay for the upgrade. See slide 12 of this how-to-guide for assistance.
You can expire your job post by signing into your account and navigating to “Your Jobs”. Filter for status “Live” jobs and find the job you want removed from the job board. Click the “Expire” button to the right of the job listing, a pop-up will ask you to confirm that you want to expire the job. Your job will then be removed from the site but remain under “Your Jobs” for future reference.
With a bit of assistance from your IT department, it’s a simple matter to set up a daily feed of all your job postings, or to allow users to tag individual jobs posted to your website for automatic cross-posting to Inside Higher Ed.
Inside Higher Ed works with JobElephant, JobTarget, PeopleAdmin, Interview Exchange, SilkRoad, PageUp and other ATS providers to feed jobs automatically to our board. There's no charge from Inside Higher Ed for these integrated feeds, but be sure to check with your ATS provider to see if your current product suite includes this function. If you prefer, we also offer “job scraping” for a small annual fee. Click here or email us at [email protected] to learn more.
Yes. While the default posting period is 60 days, you can choose to have your job posted for less than 60 days (keeping in mind that the price will be the same as the 60-day posting). Simply adjust the posting dates to your preferred time frame. To post for more than 60 days, you can choose our Maximum Exposure product. If you are an unlimited contract client, you can extend the expiration date at no additional cost through your ATS. If you are posting manually there will still be no cost, but reach out to your account manager to extend the expiration date.
Yes. You choose from multiple options for application submission. You can opt to send candidates to your website or applicant tracking system, they can reply to an email address, they can apply offline, or you can choose to have candidates apply through our site (which will allow them to take advantage of our one-click application).
To view all of your live jobs, sign in to your account and go to “Your Jobs.” To view all of your jobs, including those pending approval, change the “Status” dropdown to “All Jobs” and click “Filter.” A job can have one of the following statuses:
- Live : This is the status of the job once it has been published, it means it is live on the jobseeker site.
- Expiring Soon : The job is due to expire in the next three days.
- Cancelled : The job has been cancelled and removed from the site.
- Awaiting Payment : The job is not live on the site and there may have been an issue with your payment that is preventing the job from entering our approval queue. Please contact us to resolve the issue.
- Awaiting Release : When a job has a start date in the future, it will be in “Awaiting Release” status, and will go live as soon as the specified start date is reached.
- Draft : This is the status of the job once it has been added to the system, but before you have completed checkout. The job is not live on the jobseeker site.
- Expired : This is the status of a job once the end date has passed or if you manually expired the job prior to the end date. The job is not live and no longer accepting applications.
A Featured Employer Profile is your own recruitment page within the Inside Higher Ed site. Our team will build an upgraded employer profile for your institution where you can promote key information and multiple links to your own website – organized for the specific needs of job candidates – on a page that also hosts your job postings. All unlimited packages include a featured employer profile; for all employers posting through multi-packs or single listings, this is an add-on feature.
A Diversity Profile takes your diversity recruiting efforts beyond the mere listing and gives schools the power to tell their story of on-campus inclusion and equity directly to our audience. The page can include multiple links, images and video, and will be linked to all of your job postings, effectively engaging our diverse jobseekers throughout the user journey. A diversity profile is an add-on feature available to all employers.
17. How do I create an account?
You can create a new account by filling out the form at https://recruiters.insidehighered.com/register/ or by going to the recruiter homepage, and selecting “Create an account”.
18. I forgot my password. How do I get this information?
You can request a new password at http://recruiters.insidehighered.com/account-forgotten-password/ or by going to the recruiter homepage, selecting “Sign In” and then clicking “Forgotten Password?”.
19. I already have a jobseeker login using my institutional email address. I am getting an error when I try to use that email address to post a job. What should I do?
If you initially registered as a jobseeker and then attempt to register as an employer using the same email address, you will receive a notification that says, “Please contact our team for access to this section.” This is a security measure to ensure that only legitimate recruiters have access to the recruiter section of our website. Ultimately, this is to protect the privacy of jobseekers like you. If you need to post a job, please call 1-202-659-9208 or email [email protected] and we will assist you.
If your institution holds an unlimited recruiting contract with us, a message has been sent to the administrator notifying them that you would like access to the account. You may also contact us at +1-202-659-9208 or [email protected] to be added to the account. If your institution does not have an unlimited recruiting contract with us, you can contact your human resources office or contact us at +1-202-659-9208 or [email protected].
Yes. If you are the administrator for your account, you can add additional users to your institution’s account by clicking on your employer’s name at the top of the page and then clicking “Company Users.” From there you will have the ability to add or edit users. To make changes to users transferred from our previous system, or if you do not have administrative privileges for your account and need to add a user, please contact us.
Please call +1-202-659-9208 or email [email protected]sidehighered.com to be added to your clients’ accounts. Once you have been granted access to post on behalf of an institution, that institution will be linked to your account. The top right corner indicates the employer you are currently posting as; to change this, click the “Switch employer” link in the top right corner and a screen will pop-up with a list of employers you can access.
For purchases that allow for invoicing (Multipack or Unlimited Annual Contracts) Inside Higher Ed emails a PDF invoice shortly after approving your purchase. Invoices can be paid by check or credit card - instructions will be included. If you have questions about your invoice, or need another copy, please contact Raisa Andrzheychik at [email protected] or +1-202-448-6123.
To view your receipts, simply click the ‘Orders’ link in the top right corner and you will get a list of all your receipts. While on this page you can filter by status or date. Once you click the order number, you will see your complete order and have the option to download or print the receipt. The receipt will include details such as order date, upgrades, discounts and a link to the job post. However, the job advertisement duration date in only located on the job posting, for this information reach out to your account manager or [email protected]. For receipts for jobs posted on our previous site, please contact your account manager or [email protected].